Kanawha Consulting 2015 – Malibu, California
Voter Protection Hotlines
Criminal Justice Reform
Voter Protection Hotline Manager
NEVADA DEMOCRATIC PARTY 2016 , 2018, 2020
Alameda County Superior Court 2009 – 2013 Oakland, California
• Member: Judicial Council Task Force for Criminal Justice Collaboration on Mental Health Issues.
• Vice-Chair: California Center for Judicial Education and Research (“CJER”) Juvenile Law Education Committee.
• Faculty:CJER Continuing Judicial Studies Program, Delinquency;
“Beyond the Bench” Administrative Office of the Courts Juvenile Court Conference, 2005, 2007, 2010;
National Legal Aid and Defender Association Annual Conference, 2009.
• Chair: Alameda County Collaborative Juvenile Court.
• Chair: Alameda County Superior Court Collaborative Court Committee.
Alameda County Superior Court 2004 – 2009 Oakland, California
• Subordinate Judicial Officer of the Superior Court, performing the duties of Judges of the Court, Assignments including juvenile court, traffic court, small claims, unlawful detainers.
• Created Alameda County Juvenile Dependency Drug Court
• Developed Family Court/Juvenile Court collaborative calendaring system
• Court liaison, Alameda County Court Appointed Special Advocates Program
Juvenile Court Referee/Judge Pro Tem
Alameda County Superior Court 1991 – 2004 Oakland, California
• Subordinate Judicial Officer of the Superior Court “Pro Tem”, substituting for all Juvenile Court Judges and Commissioners on a per diem basis. Presiding over daily calendars, as well as dependency and delinquency hearings .
Law Offices of Paul D. Seeman
Berkeley, California 1980 – 2004
• Specialize in criminal and juvenile appeals and trials, including “special circumstance” appeals
• Secondary emphasis on general civil practice, including small business, disability rights, immigration, and international environmental law.
Alameda County Counsel’s Office
Oakland, CA 1990 – 1991
Deputy County Counsel
• Contract position representing the Alameda County Social Services Agency in juvenile court dependency matters.
University of California, Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA 1988, 2007
• Lecturer, Sociology of Law, Criminology